I’m so lucky to have vacationed at Disney World at least once a year for the past 6 years. For two of those years, we were annual passholders so we made the trip to Orlando several times a year. One concern that I would have before each trip was that the magic would wear off and we’d have the ‘been there, done that’ feeling. Luckily, that never happened because we made an effort on each trip to do something new, whether it was eating at a new restaurant, staying at a different resort, or going on a mission to find hidden Mickeys!
Our last trip to Disney was earlier this year in March but it seems like so much has changed since then!! DHS hat – gone (pretty soon!) Maelstrom – gone! Studio Backlot Tour – gone!
Now I’m worried that when we visit next month we won’t have time to see all of the new attractions that have popped up recently! Here’s my must-see list to round out Disney vacations 2014:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – this will be the first holiday party I’ve been to at Disney World and I’m so excited!
- Ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – When I heard about the ride catching fire I thought this was in jeopardy but my Fast Pass hasn’t been cancelled yet so I still plan on riding!
- Festival of Fantasy Parade – This may have been around in March but I haven’t seen it yet – that dragon looks cool!
- Meet and greet with Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6 – I just want to squeeze him. Do they allow that?
- Frozen sing-along – Even though I’m still mad at Frozen for causing the Maelstrom to close, I do want to sing….In Summmmerrrrrrrrrr!
- Downtown Disney – The Marketplace Co-op could be dangerous on the wallet – so many good shopping opportunities! I’m excited to take a stroll through downtown and see everything that has changed as they’re renovating the area. Still deciding whether or not to eat at Splitsville, but I’m sure we’ll swing by and take a peek.
- Maelstrom – I just want to see it one more time. I know it’s closed, but I’ll drink a Carlsberg and toast the vikings and trolls alike.
- Memento Mori – The new Haunted Mansion shop at Magic Kingdom. I was looking at the Disney Parks blog and it seems like there are some very cool aspects to this shop. Even though the ride genuinely scares me, I’m looking forward to seeing the shop!
Is there anything I’m missing? What other new must-see’s should I put on my list? Let me know in the comments below!