By now I think everyone has heard of the insanely long lines to meet and greet Anna and Elsa from the movie Frozen in the Norway pavilion of Epcot. I did not wait in the line, but my sister and her family did (4 hours with 2 kids) and I started to think of ways for families to pass the time while waiting in the line. During my brainstorming, I had a breakthrough and I think I actually invented a new game! Well, not technically new, but a Disney-fied version of the old favorite Rock, Paper, Scissors.
I call it Snowball, Snowflake, Carrot.
The rules are the same as Rock, Paper, Scissors, but in case you don’t know here they are:
On the count of 3, two people show one of the three options with their hand – snowball, snowflake, or carrot.
- Snowball smashes carrot
- Snowflake covers snowball
- Carrot breaks snowflake
The best of 5 wins!
If you happen to get sick of that game – anything can get old after a few hours – here are a few other tips to pass the time:
- Sing “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman” on repeat – see how many people you can get to join you
- Watch Frozen on your iPad (two or three times, even!)
- You’re in Norway – act like Vikings and storm the front of the line. (Ok, this is probably a bad idea, but Vikings don’t follow rules.)
- If you’re not into the Viking attack – grab a Carlsberg and relax!
Pin it for later!